An wonderful tasty peanut sauce for your satays
- 2 stalks lemon grass crushed
- 1 cup peanuts roast and grind coarsely
- 1 tbspn chilli paste dry chilli
- 1 tbspn brown sugar to taste
- 1 small onion-chopped finely
- 2 tbspn cooking oil or peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
Heat oil and fry chopped onion until slightly brown.
Add lemon grass and chilli paste and cook on a low heat until the paste separates from the oil
Add water, salt and allow to simmer for a further 5mins
Add brown sugar mix well
Once the sugar dissolves add peanuts and blend in well.
Switch of heat after about 2mins or when sauce begin to thicken.
Tips: 1. Add sugar only according to taste.